We want to ensure high expectations are set, diversity is respected and honored, and the entire Edison community works cohesively with welcomed and valued input for our students’ success. Our ultimate goal is for Edison to be a school where current and future students will be academically challenged and developmentally enriched in an atmosphere that is socially equitable.
Unit 4 News
- Champaign Unit 4 School District Hires Two Capital Projects Managers
- Kindergarten registration happening now through March 29
- Mark Your Calendar: Kindergarten Registration Begins January 1, 2018
- District to hold public hearing on physical education waiver
- Centennial High School announces inaugural class of Athletic Hall of Fame
In 1914, Champaign High School was opened at 306 West Green Street. The school remained a high school until 1956. From 1956-1977, the building was known as Edison Junior High School. During the 1977-78 school year, Edison became a middle school. During the 2014-2015 school year, Edison celebrated its 100th anniversary with a community open house and student performances.