We want to ensure high expectations are set, diversity is respected and honored, and the entire Edison community works cohesively with welcomed and valued input for our students’ success. Our ultimate goal is for Edison to be a school where current and future students will be academically challenged and developmentally enriched in an atmosphere that is socially equitable.
Unit 4 News
- Middle school summer school classes cancelled for Monday, June 25
- Congratulations to Brandy Dietsch, Staff Spotlight Winner
- Schedule your school physical today
- Announcing the next principal of Jefferson Middle School
- Reserve your seat for the Celebrating Minority Teacher Recruitment and Retention Event June 15
In 1914, Champaign High School was opened at 306 West Green Street. The school remained a high school until 1956. From 1956-1977, the building was known as Edison Junior High School. During the 1977-78 school year, Edison became a middle school. During the 2014-2015 school year, Edison celebrated its 100th anniversary with a community open house and student performances.